So tonight was so so so so so embarrassing! I was at ALIVE AFTER 5 with my family (my sister in law Tammy sang beautifully!!) and then I left just before seven to meet at a friends house. I had planned on going to a bridal shower which was in Tridell(20 minutes away) at 7:30. Well I had never been to the house before and somehow got the wrong address. Anyway, I ended up on the opposite side of town and called for directions. It was nearly 10 after seven and I already felt stupid for not being on-time.
So I got the correct address and starting making my way across town to the house. After making a complete stop at a stop-sign my car started sputtering and totally died. Looking down at the gas gauge it was well below empty. Gosh! Thanks for telling me! I prayed and prayed and tried desperately to get my car moving, but after rolling gracefully into the middle of an intersection it refused to turn on at all.
Thankfully, there was a really nice kid behind me, and guys in a truck across the street that came to my rescue. Thank goodness that there are still good people in the world! They pushed my car across the street, down the road, and into the nearest(so glad it was close) 7-11.
After this whole ordeal was over and there was a whopping 7 dollars of gas in my car, it was about 22 after 7. I sadly, and very embarrassingly texted my friend and told her to leave without me(if she hadn't already), because I was utterly hopeless. Now she just thinks that I'm a complete bimbo that can't follow directions!
I did get lost, but simply because I was ill informed, and because I'm not too clever with addresses. lol. I didn't get the chance to text her and tell her about my entire ordeal and that I had to be pushed to a gas station! She must think that I'm retarted!
1 comment:
Man, and you still managed to find our house in LAYTON, nearly 3 hours away. But you're right, thank goodness for good people in this world :)
Post a Comment